Today’s a special day for me – it’s been five years since I started at IT Training! And oh, what a wonderful five years it’s been. In the past five years here, I’ve…
- been involved in some way, shape, or form in 340 workshops (either as an observer, assistant, or instructor)
- worked as the administrative coordinator for two years, which was an interesting experience that allowed me to get a deeper understanding of what went on at IT Training than just assisting and instructing would do
- written two workshops, five webinars, and edited so many workshops I can’t remember them all
- held a number of job titles, including Administrative Coordinator, Workshop Instructor/Assistant, Senior Development Coordinator, Collaborative Learning Coordinator, Video Development Coordinator, Materials Coordinator, and my most favorite title: Senior IT Education Specialist. And at any given point, I’ve held at least three of those titles. (Right now, I’ve got four job titles, technically!)
- moved desks four times (hey, I had to find the place I’m the most productive in!)
- learned to ride a scooter specifically to get to and from work with ease
- transitioned from being an hourly staff member to a full-time professional staff member, something I’ve worked hard for!
After five years, I still love my job – I’m still excited to come in to work every day, to see what sorts new things I can learn, what I can teach others, and what other sorts of challenges await me. Here’s to many, many more years at IT Training!